CALL FOR CHAMBER SCORES: Fall 2013
Deadline: December 31, 2013
The Boston New Music Initiative announces a blind call for works to be programmed on its sixth concert season, which will run from September 2014 through June 2015.
- Works may be for 1–7 players in any combination from the following instrumentation (Pierrot ensemble): flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano, solo voice, percussion. Works can be of any duration, although preference may be given to works that are 10 minutes or less. The organization may hold a call for works for larger ensemble and/or electronic/multimedia works at a later time this season.
- There is no limit on number of works submitted, although each work should be submitted as a separate entry. Multi-movement works are accepted as one entry; if movements are in separate files, they may all be submitted.
- All submissions are to be anonymous. No personally identifying information should be included anywhere on the score, recordings, or within file names. Any materials aside from the info sheet containing identifying information will be deemed ineligible prior to review by the selection committee. (Pseudonyms on the score or recording are acceptable but not necessary.)
- Composers must be or become Associate or Full members of the Boston New Music Initiative to enter a submission. Associate membership is free and more details on becoming a member may be found here.
- There is a $15 fee for each submitted work for Associate Members, and $5 for each submitted work for Full Members, payable online through PayPal (follow application link below), to be received by December 31, 2013, 11:59 PM EST. Full members also receive one free submission to calls for scores annually, in addition to receiving other membership benefits.
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-744-9607. Note: Please do NOT send submission materials to this email address as the materials will not be submitted using this method.
- The only acceptable formats for files are as followed:
- For the score: .pdf
- For audio recordings: .mp3 and .m4a
- All other materials: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .odt, .pdf
- Selected composers are required to mail or deliver physical copies of parts for all performers and two (2) full scores within four weeks of their notification of selection.
Composers are asked to upload the following materials (each as a separate document). Only the score(s) and the recording(s) will be visible to the selection committee.
- PDF file of the score.
- An information sheet containing the following information:
- Composer’s contact information (name, phone number, physical mailing address, email address, and website (if any))
- Title, instrumentation, and duration of the work
- Work’s date of completion and complete performance history
- Performing rights organization (ASCAP, BMI, etc.) associated with the work and/or composer, if any
- Composer’s year of birth (for program information only)
- Composer biography and program notes of the work (300 words or less for each), to be used for the program. If either exceeds the requested word limit, the organization reserves the right to truncate the document for, or omit it from, the concert program.
- (Optional) Recording: .mp3 or .m4a format only