CALL FOR CHAMBER SCORES
Deadline: December 15, 2014
The Boston New Music Initiative announces a blind call for works to be programmed on its seventh concert season, which will run from August 2015 through June 2016.
- Works may be for any instrumentation for solo instrument up to chamber ensemble, but should not exceed the traditional instrumentation of a Pierrot ensemble (either solo voice or percussion is acceptable). Works can be of any duration, although preference may be given to works that are 10 minutes or less. Works involving electroacoustic effects are welcome, but at least one live performer must be used (no fixed-media).
- There is no limit on number of works submitted, although each work should be submitted as a separate entry. Multi-movement works are accepted as one entry; if movements are in separate files, they may all be submitted.
- All submissions must be anonymous. Scores or other materials (excluding the information sheet, which will not be viewed by judges) with names or other identifying marks will not be considered.
- Selected composers must be members of the Boston New Music Initiative in order to submit. Full Membership is $20 annually, and Associate Membership is free.
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Please do NOT send submission materials to this email address as the materials will not be submitted using this method.
The only acceptable formats for files are as followed:
- For the score: .pdf
- For audio recordings: .mp3 and .m4a
- All other materials: .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .odt, .pdf
Selected composers are required to mail or deliver physical copies of parts for all performers and two (2) full scores within four weeks of their notification of selection.
Composers are asked to upload the following materials (each as a separate document).
- PDF file of the score.
An information sheet containing the following information:
- Composer’s contact information (name, phone number, physical mailing address, and email address)
- Title, instrumentation, and duration of the work
- Work’s date of completion and complete performance history
- Performing rights organization (ASCAP, BMI, etc.) associated with the work and/or composer, if any
- Composer’s year of birth (for program information only)
- (for electroacoustic works only) A detailed description of technical requirements and processes involved in realizing pieces with electronic or multimedia elements.
- Composer biography and program notes of the work (300 words or less for each), to be used for the program. If either exceeds the requested word limit, the organization reserves the right to truncate the document for--or omit it from--the concert program.
- (Optional) Recording: .mp3 or .m4 format only
- (for electroacoustic works only) A copy of the technical requirements indicated on the information sheet above (2-f).
- The submission fee is $5 per piece for full members, and $15 for associate members. Membership information can be found here.
Click here to submit to this call.